Search This Blog

Friday, September 5, 2014

The Truth About the Truth

So in class, we started talking about the truth. I may have walked in that period thinking that the truth is as it says, "the truth", but I definitely left feeling confused. Up till that point, the only thing I really had to think about was what I was having for lunch. But then we started discussing the huge open ended question,"what is truth?" At first I just thought the truth was the opposite of a lie, but then we started getting in depth, and that got my head spinning. Pretty soon the bell rang and we were up and out of the class. Now were supposed to just write about the truth. So, what is the truth? I feel that the truth is a much broader subject then just one answer, so I'll answer it by saying what I think the truth is. 

To me, the truth is whatever you want it to be. It can be the utter dread in your stomach as you realize that you are doomed to be a sanitation engineer. Or maybe its your belief in God. But the truth is that there is no one truth when it comes to anything. With all of the world having separate viewpoints, you can't just simple say "this is the truth, deal with it." And thats what makes the truth important, the fact that you can think anything you want about any subject you want. So at the end of the day, the truth is everything... other then lies, but thats story for another day.

1 comment:

  1. You do a great job of thinking about your own thinking in the introduction to this blog. Tim O'Brien says that a lie can be a truth, but you don't agree. That's fine. How do you see the truth in your own life?

    In the future, try to push a little more to get some more insight into the topic. You have a lot happening with the way you're thinking. See if you can put it in your blog to make it even better.

    ReplyDelete