Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Where I'm From (Inspired by George Ella Lyon)

I am from staplers,
from folder and dust.
I am from the yellow, red tiled walls.
(Hummingbird tweets,
buzzes of bees.)
I am from the tomatoes,
the apple tree
whose long gone limbs I remember
as if they were my own.

I'm from tree decorating and confidence
from Moon and Barton.
I'm from eating continuously and no doctor visits,
and from watching netflix late into the night.

I'm from truth and stories
and something beautiful.
I'm from Christmas Eve at the cousins.
I'm from Mankato and Germany,
grilled cheese and crepes.
From my brothers scar,
he got from my shovel.
Sorted in order
in the basement,
in the corner,
in the box,
and in the folder.

I am who I am,
and nothing can
change that.

Inspired by "Where I'm From" by George Ella Lyon

No comments:

Post a Comment