Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Learning Project: Animation Reflection



This project was awesome, all things considered. It gave me the chance, excuse, and motivation to learn animation. I had been putting this off for some time, so thanks for the deadline. Not only did I learn about how to animate, but I learned a lot of things on the subject of creativity. I learned about how to make characters, storyboards, and inside jokes among other things and that you could incorporate these things into many other topics and creations.

Beginning the project was probably the toughest part to start with, but with time the toughest thing was realizing what else I could have done with more time or different topics. I do not regret choosing and finishing this project on animation, but i do regret not being able to have choose more project topics. Learning how to YoYo and play CS:GO like a pro being among those topics I left behind. However, now that I have learned that I can take the time out of my schedule to learn things like this, I have no doubt of being able to pick up these lessons and topics as skills in the near future. For instance, I have just recently started a CS:GO team with a couple of friends, and we have begun to play together and practice. With taking the time to 'break the ice', so to speak, I have unlocked many paths in front of me. This including some dreams and aspirations to become a CS:GO pro player for Fnatic or other teams, a famous YouTuber, or someone that people would look to for guidance and comfort in some way, shape, or form.

This project has definitely shown me that if you put your mind to something, you can do it against all odds. In this day and age where people are negative and discourage each other consistently, it is a comforting and convenient lesson to learn at my age. This lesson can also be strengthened by looking at role models like CS:GO player Olofmeister who isn't afraid to sign stuff and talk to fans who others players might just find annoying, or Animator Edd Gould who wasn't afraid to animate up to his death in 2012. These people set there minds to something, and got it done despite the odds or things against them.


To sum things up, this project has taught me a few things. Among them being that deadlines are my friend, if you put your mind to something you can do it, and that many people have already achieved greatness, so why can't you? Even beyond just this project or things similar, these are great lessons to have learned for my first year of high school.



No comments:

Post a Comment