Search This Blog

Thursday, January 21, 2016

Veni, Vidi, Vici

"I came, I saw, I conquered."

I would love to be able to end on this quote, but it kinda sets a few things in stone that should still be concrete. We came to Quest English 8, we were helped to see in Quest English 8 through 9, but the last part is what gets me. "I conquered" almost feels defining in that we are done, finished, complete. But we are not.

The entirety of this class has taught me so much about so many topics, and I'd love to say that I remembered everything, but I have not. And so i have not conquered, I have learned, but I have definitely not conquered. So when you ask what's next, there is many possibilities. Even if any of us managed to remember everything of the immense load that we learned, there would still be an infinite times that of information to still learn. 

But the thing that will vary all of us and where we go next will be based on each of our own free choices. My choices will be different then everyone else's, and so I will explain my aspirations. I wish to become a competitive CS:GO player for Fnatic, go to The University of Texas, and major game design. And so I will end with this, "What do you want to do next: Something good, something bad? A bit of both?" ~ Starlord, Guardians of the Galaxy.

No comments:

Post a Comment